Watch the Post Hole's interview with Amilcar Vargas, PhD Candidate, Cultural Heritage Management
Amilcar Vargas, Cultural Heritage Management
Amilcar Vargas, PhD Candidate, University of Barcelona
- Master in Cultural Heritage Management and Museology. University of Barcelona. 2015
- Master in Management of Cultural Institutions and Companies. University of Barcelona. 2013
- Degree in Archeology. University of Veracruz. 2007
- Degree in Accounting. University of Veracruz. 2002
Since arriving in Barcelona from his native Mexico in 2012, Amilcar Vargas moved to Barcelona in 2012, where he carried out the first study of the management of the six World Heritage sites in Catalonia (2013). He has collaborated as a tutor of the Postgraduate in Cultural Policies at the University of Barcelona (2013-2014) and has given seminars and conferences at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the University of Barcelona. Since January 2016 he has a “CONACYT Scholarship Abroad” subsidized by the Mexican government to carry out his pre-doctoral research at the Faculty of Geography and History until 2018. He is doing his doctoral thesis under the direction of Margarita Díaz-Andreu and Xavier Roigé.
He has been invited to give lectures in degree, master's and doctoral courses at the University of Barcelona on topics related to heritage management, community archeology and the research he develops. He has given seminars at the UAB and the UB, as well as numerous courses and conferences at universities in Mexico, Spain and Germany. Currently, its activity focuses more on the research of social participation in world heritage sites.
• Social participation in UNESCO world heritage sites.
• Social and tourist impact of the inscription of sites in the world heritage list, especially archaeological assets.
• World heritage management models.
• "ParticiPat. Heritage and social participation: methodological proposal and critical review"
• The network of Heritage Values. http://heritagevalues.net/